Friday, July 17, 2026

Shelf Tour 2.0

 



With it being the middle of the month in the middle of the year, I thought it was time for a shelf update pic. Really though, I just want to show off my updated shelves and it seems my last one went down well so here we go again. Starting from the far left to right then down.

1. A couple of my favorites; particular proud of my MASSIVE Wicked + Divine Compendium, this shelf also has Hickman's roll-over from...

2. My Jonathan Hickman Marvel shelf; House of X/ Powers of Ten, his whole Fantastic Four run, S.H.I.E.L.D (one of his more under-rated series) and Infinity.

3. My now completed Dandelion Dynasty set. Last time I did this I was missing Grace of Kings and Wall of Storms and now I have both. The Paper Menagerie and other Stories also belongs on this shelf. I tried to fit All that We see or Seem but it was too tight of a squeeze so it makes it to the overflow shelf below it.

4. My only shelf that has never changed and probably will stay that way (I have moved every other shelf at least 3-5 times now). This is my Fromsoft/ Future Press shelf.

5. Movies I like/love. My Spartacus collection (which I hope to add House of Ashur too) and some random Xbox/Xbox 360 games I own.

6. My Jonathan Hickman Image shelf. Proud of everything on this shelf, we have the whole East of West Vol. 1 to 10, The Manhattan Projects 1-6, Secret (hella under-rated) and my 10th anniversary version of The Nightly News aka the book that got me into Hickman in the first place. I think I now own all of Hickman's Image work even stuff that is not collected in trade like his Dying and the Dead which I own in floppies (its right next to Decorum).

7. Ken Liu overflow as mention, one of my new favorite authors V.E Schwab and Harlan Coben. Dracula in the middle just because its a classic and its a nice edition.

8. Finally some Sara Douglass (something I wanted to add in my previous pic), LaQuette's breakout hit for me Vanessa Jared's Got a Man and my two big classic horror author collections featuring H.P Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe. Now I think about it, I think Dracula should be moved to this shelf to be with the other classic authors.

9. Xbox360 overflow and my PS4 games. Mostly Fromsoft games.

10. Hickman's floppies, a mixture of Marvel and Image behind a showcase for Elevation. A Hickman one off featuring Wolverine. I don't know if this book has been collected in other editions of his X-men work so I decided to show it off.

11. My Clive Barker shelf, newly updated with Everville, the second book of the Art. I really want the Great and Secret Show (the first book of the Art) but I am going to have to make some adjustments to fit that.

12. Stephen King, Ursula Le. Guin and their writing guides and David Eddings, I have spoken before about how David Eddings (and Dragonlance) helped me fall in love with the fantasy genre and its been a love affair since then.

13. Random DVDs I have bought over the years, nothing really fancy, hence the hidden corner.

14-15. CDs me and my wife have collected over the years. Me and my wife were very big on buying CDs and were one of the last hold out before fully converting to digital. One of our biggest bonds is through music so it make sense CDs played a big role in our lives. The dusty black thing in the corner is also filled with, you guessed it... CDs.

16. Cassandra Clare and her Shadowhunter series which me and my wife felled in love with and are both doing separate reads before the finale series comes out. Also is some new series I am interested in that'll I will eventually get around to reading.

And that is the shelf tour! I hope to do another one maybe at the end of the year just to showcase any changes/ updates. Last time around I use the closing to talk about books I wanted to add and I've actually added some of them which is nice.

AV

No comments:

Post a Comment